- We have often been asked about the need to have both wood chips and wood chunks available during a cooking event.
- Questions range from when is it appropriate to use one type of product over the other, when can you use both products at the same time, and do the wood products have any other purpose other than to generate smoke?
- In answering these questions, it is safe to say that wood chunks and chips can be used interchangeably during wood-fired cooking techniques including hot smoking.
- If you have a cooker that will allow the use of both products, than you can add flavour via both methods: 2-3 smoker wood chunks and a handful of smoking wood chips.
- But another important use for wood chips is to generate heat. When the cooker begins to lose temperature, applying a handful or two of un-soaked wood chips to the existing charcoal will quickly raise the temperature of the cooker.
- Additionally, many people own more than one piece of grilling equipment.
- Therefore, our Combo Smoker is an easy way to keep wood product available for both the gas/LP grill as well as the charcoal/wood smoker or grill.
"The Full Combo Smoker"
Wood Chunks(Double Filet) and Chips Full Cube
Approximate Volume = 1 cubic foot
Mixture contains up to four wood
types which will be labeled
and packaged separately in boxes.
If you desire specific species of
wood, please specify your choices
in the Wood Selections boxes
Tip--please store your unused wood in a cool, dry location making sure to allow the wood to breathe. The best way to ensure good air circulation is to keep the original carton open, punching some tiny holes on all sides of the box for proper ventilation.
Canada Postal Ground Shipping (all Provinces) is Included in our Pricing (Average shipping time is 2-6 days).
Superior Product… Superior Outcome! All wood-fired products for smoking, grilling, coal cooking, ember fired, cold smoking, and stove top smoking. Only Forest Fresh wood used in all our products.